Where do I begin? Saints Row: The Third is huge in scale, content, and fun.
I didn't expect to enjoy this sort of game as I viewed it as amazingly juvenile and just another GTA Clone. While the being similar to GTA and containing a lot of juvenile content, I certainly did enjoy this game.
Proper enjoyment of Saints Row: The Third requires that you take it no more seriously than the developers did. I refer to the spirit of what it is, not the quality. Saints Row: The Third is very polished. Amazingly so in fact. I didn't have a single issue with game performance whatsoever. This sets the stage for a great adventure.
Saints Row: The Third, from the start shows you how over the top it is. Bank heist while wearing a bobblehead costume? Check. Skydiving through the fuselage of a plummeting plane? Check. The awesomeness just keeps on coming. In the span of a few game sessions, I did the following:
- Parachuted onto a skyscraper, crashing a party.
- Took over said skyscraper
- Mugged a man wearing a green bunny suit
- Provided sniper overwatch while hanging from a helicopter
- Purchased an automotive store called Rim Jobs
- Drove a tank and caused a certain dollar amount of mayhem
- Starred in a crazy Japanese style game show
- Went streaking
- Base jumped while naked
- Drove an ATV while I was on fire
- Met a giant Hulk like Russian genius
- Car surfed
- Rode in a two wheeled buggy that was pulled by a man wearing a saddle and nipple clamps
- Killed zombies
- Beat a gang member to death with a 4 foot long, baseball bat handled, purple dildo
And so much more!
Saints Row: The Third is something I wish I would have started playing sooner. Don't take is too seriously, let loose, and have a great time. Don't let your kids play ;) If you are still hesitant, but it on sale. I paid little for this and would have been happy had I spent the full $40.
More screenshots can be found here.